Why Organic is so important? french
Why Organic is so important?
Organic food is grown by farmers who use farming methods that strive for a balance with nature. Organic farmers focus on soil improvement and rely on biological systems to produce high quality food and reduce environmental impact. The "organic" food label identifies food grown with practices that:
- Don't use synthetic pesticides, herbicides and soil fumigants.
- Don't use genetic engineering
- Don't use sewage sludge as fertilizer
- Do improve the quality and fertility of the soil
- Do protect water quality
- Do reduce soil erosion
- Do rely on natural biological systems for pest and weed control
- Do reduce the impact of agriculture on our environment
- Do produce high quality, great tasting food